Opening of a German class

Opening of a German class

I find the English reading article for F.3-6 students this morning very interesting and inspiring. The title is that ‘3 lies you should believe and 2 lies you should not’. According to the article, we should better choose to believe that we are special, we are important for one another and we can do anything we set in mind. In addition, according to the article, we should not believe that ‘it is too late’. There is never too late. I agree with the opinion of the article to a large extent. I also like the idea it displays very much. Therefore, I am indeed very thankful for the English teachers and English ambassadors to prepare reading materials and activities for the whole school every Wednesday. Last week, there was the F.2 inter-class English drama competition in the hall. I had watched the competition and I want to share what I observed and thought. But I will share with you tomorrow coz I have another more urgent announcement to make for your attention.

Our exchange student, Sarah, as you may know from her introduction, comes from Austria in Europe. Her mother tongue is German. German is a new language to most of us. In the last junior assembly, Sarah and Mr. Pierce taught us several German and Spanish words. The languages are interesting, right? Now, Sarah accepts the school’s invitation to teach our students and even teachers some basic German, including basic German language structure, pronunciation of German letters and numbers, simple self-introduction and greeting words in German. Do you want to join? She welcomes all students from F.1-F.6 and teachers to join the class. If you are interested and can attend all four meetings, please write your names on the poster posted on the SU board before the end of the school today and go straight to Rm. 202 tomorrow after school at 4pm. There are altogether 4 meetings held on every Thursday, from tomorrow onwards. The time starts from 4pm and ends at 5pm. Sarah will open 1 class only. So, don’t miss the opportunity. Hope to see you there.