1. Diversified school-based curriculum in junior Forms:
|KLA||School-based Formal curriculum|
|Chinese KLA||F.1-3 Chinese Literature & Classics Curriculum
|English KLA||F.1-3 English Language Arts Curriculum
|Science KLA||F.1-2 Science Investigation Project
F.2 Chinese Medicine and Herbs curriculum
|PSHE KLA||F.3 Museum Studies
|Aesthetic KLA||F.1-3 Music composing program
|Technology KLA||F.1 STEM project
School-based Gifted Programs (High-achievers Enrichment curriculum)
We believe that every student is a gift from God. According to the concept of giftedness by J. Rensulli, our students get ‘gifted behavior’. They possess above average intelligence, sense of task commitment, and creativity. The school adopted EDB’s 3 Level Model of Gifted Education.
|3 Levels of Gifted education||Implementation plans|
|Level I||General gifted education for ALL (as seen in Diversified school-based curriculum)|
|Level II||PULL-OUT Programs of Chinese, English, Mathematics and Science domains (Every Tuesdays after school time)|
|Level III||External Special Support for the gifted students by the Gifted Academy, HK & other tertiary institutes|
- In Level I, the three gifted elements of creativity, high-order thinking and personal-social competency are infused and provided for all students deliberately in such subjects as Chinese, Chinese History, Computer, Design & Technology, English, Integrated Science, Liberal Studies, Music, and such projects as Chinese Medicine studies, Museum Studies and STEM projects.
- In Level II, pull-out programs are tailor-made for targeted students to enrich their learning experience and stretch their talent in their specific domain. The pull-out programs also offer training workshop to strengthen students’ social and emotional intelligence.
- In Level III, selected students will be recommended to the Hong Kong Academy of Gifted Education (HKAGE) or tertiary institutes to further develop their talent in different domains.
Level II Pull-Out Gifted Education Programs (2016-17)
|Specific domains||Implementation programs|
|Chinese||Students can develop creativity through writing workshops.||Workshops are provided which place emphasis on the development of generic elements such as, personal-social competency, emotional intelligence and leadership skills. 2015-2016: 2014-2015:|
|English||Students can develop creativity through drama work and oratory training workshops.|
|Mathematics||Students can excel their Mathematical thinking skills and problem solving skills through intensive training.|
|Science||Students can develop creativity and divergent thinking skills through designing new products.|
Note: Lessons are conducted in groups outside formal classes throughout the year. The learning experience, performance of students and reflections will be kept as a kind of portfolio. Level III: Name-list of students who have been selected to the HK Gifted Academy & tertiary institutes HKAGE 2015-2016年度獲取錄名單
|數學 Mathematics||科學 Sciences||人文學科 Humanities||領導才能 Leadership|
|F.2 陳昕希 CHAN YAN HEI
蒲允祈 PO WAN KI
蔡昀宸 TSAI YUN CHEN
F.3 羅文謙 LAW MAN HIM
|F.2 馮沛謙 FUNG PUI HIM
劉嘉勇 LAU KA YUNG
蕭凱軒 SIU HOI HIN
葉向傑 YIP HEUNG KIT
|F.2 劉嘉勇 LAU KA YUNG
蕭凱軒 SIU HOI HIN
黃德聖 WONG TAK SHING
胡天麗 WOO TIN LAI
葉向傑 YIP HEUNG KIT
F.3 馮芷茵 FUNG TSZ YAN
何伊喬 HO YEE KIU
李燁 LI IP
李子薇 LI TSZ MEI
楊倩妮 YEUNG SIN NI
|F.2 馮沛謙 FUNG PUI HIM|
3. School-based Liberal Studies Curriculum
Over the years, our LS subject teachers have been serving on the HKEAA and CDI’s committee on Liberal Studies, and acted as speakers and instructors for LS teacher training sessions on Liberal Studies.
- Since 2005 up to now, a number of teachers of the Liberal Studies panel including the former Vice principal, Mr. WS Tai, the present Vice Principal, Mrs. CH Wong and the LS Panel head, Mr. MC Hui have been seconded to either the tertiary institute or EDB to take part in the curriculum development or teacher training for Liberal Studies. Thus, the design and implementation of school based Liberal Studies curriculum and framework are characterized by its professionalism and strong team spirit.
- A broad and wide Liberal Studies curriculum framework is adopted in which wide academic knowledge, critical and independent thinking skills, passion for the community, environment and the world and actions for social concern and justice are developed and nurtured.
|Level||Year||Formal curriculum||Informal curriculum|
|Senior Secondary||S4-S6||Broaden horizons of knowledge; Sharpen critical thinking skills; Enhance students’ understanding of themselves, the society of HK, the nation and the world; Establish values and make judgment; Do service or take actions for social justice if appropriate.||LS forums and assemblies; Seminar; Field visits; Mainland and overseas trips|
|Junior Secondary||S3||Broaden cultural horizons; Develop IES and high order thinking skills|
Topics and Prestigious guest-speakers of LS forums and assemblies in recent years:
4. Extensive Reading scheme for Extended Vision:
- The implementation of Extensive Reading Scheme, Reading Time (held in the reading period of F.1-3 on every Day 3 and Day 6 every cycle) and Reading Day (whole day activity comprising talks, reading, sharing and book exhibition), all fosters reading habit and develops interests on reading among students, as well as broaden the horizons for students.
- From 2015-16 academic year onwards, a selected book by the Reading Group is to be read by one whole Form of students. Last year, the F.3 was the chosen Form. In the year 2016-17, F.1 is the chosen Form. The duration of the fixed reading is about one term of the year in the reading periods.