- To discover where they stand in the contemporary world through understanding the origins and development of modern events;
- To develop the skills of critical thinking, making sound judgments and effective communication through exploring historical issues;
- To approach past and current events in an impartial and empathetic manner, using a variety of perspectives;
- To understand the characteristics and values of their own culture, and appreciate the shared humanity and common problems of the world’s many peoples;
- To cultivate both national consciousness and the consciousness of being citizens of the global community, and thus become rational and sensible members of the local community, the nation and the world; and
- To be prepared to explore in greater depth an issue of personal interest, or one that may be of relevance to their future careers and professional studies.
Objectives for the year 2021-22
- To strengthen students’ self-directed learning and peer learning capacity through self-learning task, collaborative learning activities and the interdisciplinary projects.
- To facilitate experiential learning with flexible and lively application of knowledge and creativity
- To cultivate the spirit of grit, thankfulness and the attitude of embracing challenges with optimism through teaching the story of historical great men.
WLM (convenor), WCH, THH