The school practices Christian education. The spirit of Jesus Christ is fully reflected in the school’s policy, management and campus life. The school actively promotes education on Christianity. Through classes on religious education, morning assembly, weekly assembly, Christian fellowship, Girl’s Brigade, gospel camp, sports events, cell groups, prayer groups and crusade, students come to know Jesus Christ and be committed. The Shatin Methodist Church works closely with the school on holding various activities and camps to nurture students’ spirituality and leadership. Youth music worship team is held every Monday. The Religious Education Centre in the Ample Campus also provides an ideal place for retreat, prayer, group sharing and counseling.
- To guide students to know more about Christianity, accept salvation and develop positive values.
- To nurture students with an open-minded, respectful and committed attitude towards the Christian religion.
- To guide and help students to explore life.
- To help students establish a harmonious relationship with God, with others and with themselves.
A. Whole school activities
- Morning assemblies
- Religious assemblies
- Christian union
- One minute prayers
- Gospel Week
- Easter and post-exam sharings
B. Students groups
- Student Fellowship ( F.1 – F.6 )
- Girls’ Brigade
- Soccer Fellowship
- Worship Team
- Form 1 religious groups
- Junior Form Life Camp
- Form 6 Gospel Camp.
- Fellowship Easter Camp.
- G.B. Camp
Core members of Religious Education Committee
Teachers: Mrs. S.Y. Yu (Convenor), Ms. P.W. Yau, Miss. Y.S. Lam, Mr. Y.F. Lau,Mr.S.P. Chung
Parish Workers: Mr. David Hung, , Rev. Wong Chak Tong (Minister of Shatin Methodist Church)
Pastoral Worker: Ms. Elaine Tsang, Mr. Yip Chi Chung
“The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom, and the knowledge of the Holy One is insight.” Proverbs 9:10