- Create a proactive and positive learning atmosphere at school
- Stretch students’ learning efficiency and potential
- Nurture students’ constructive learning habits and attitudes
- Plan and implement school-based academic policies in pursuit of academic excellence
- Support and facilitate subject panels’ academic plans and develop teachers’ teaching efficacy
Analysis of the present scenario
- The students are of high caliber in terms of academic level and public assessments. Most of the students show an eagerness to learn.
- The teachers are experienced in teaching. The school-based curriculum such as the Liberal studies, English, Chinese, and Gifted education are well developed.
- In the past 3 years, the use of ipad, eplatforms and eApps in teaching and learning are more frequent, facilitating a more interactive pedagogy and quick feedback. It also prepares for the BYOD.
- Small groups are arranged in the 4 main core subjects whenever resources are available, to stretch the talented and consolidate the academic foundation.
- There has been a greater learning diversity in recent years, rendering the teachers more effort to deal with. Some students in junior forms are lack of self-learning habits in study.
- Under the present senior secondary education system, many students join a lot of other learning experiences, leading to time clash and greater pressure in time management.
Objectives for the year
- To strengthen students’ ability of self and peer learning
- To facilitate experiential learning with flexible application of knowledge and creativity in all subject panels
- To facilitate a smooth transition of ADC work internally
Related School Documents:
1.[各級升留班標準] A document about the promotion criteria of each Form
C.H. Wong (Convenor), C.C. Yu (Deputy), L.M. Wong(Deputy), N.Y. Chai (member & Secretary), W.L. Cheng, P.H. Kam, W.K. Tsang