- To discover where they stand in the contemporary world through understanding the origins and development of modern events;
- To develop the skills of critical thinking, making sound judgments and effective communication through exploring historical issues;
- To approach past and current events in an impartial and empathetic manner, using a variety of perspectives;
- To understand the characteristics and values of their own culture, and appreciate the shared humanity and common problems of the world’s many peoples;
- To cultivate both national consciousness and the consciousness of being citizens of the global community, and thus become rational and sensible members of the local community, the nation and the world; and
- To be prepared to explore in greater depth an issue of personal interest, or one that may be of relevance to their future careers and professional studies.
Objectives for the year
- Strengthen students’ learning ownership and unleash learning potential by optimizing teaching and learning pedagogy
- Open up global perspectives and deepen learning’s meaning by reimagining the curriculum
- Nurture positive attitudes and let students live a flourishing life through positive education.
L.M. Wong (Convenor), C.H. Wong, H.H. Tsang