- Create a proactive and positive learning atmosphere at school
- Stretch students’ learning efficiency and potential
- Nurture students’ constructive learning habits and attitudes
- Plan and implement school-based academic policies in pursuit of academic excellence
- Support and facilitate subject panels’ academic plans and develop teachers’ teaching efficacy
II. Analysis of the present scenario
- The students are of high caliber in terms of academic level and public assessments. Most of the students show an eagerness to learn.
- The teachers are experienced in teaching. The school-based curriculum such as the Liberal studies, English, Chinese, and Gifted education are well developed.
- In the past few years, the use of ipad, eplatforms and eApps in teaching and learning are more frequent, facilitating a more interactive pedagogy and quick feedback. It also prepares for the BYOD.
- Small groups are arranged in the 4 main core subjects whenever resources are available, to stretch the talented and consolidate the academic foundation.
- There has been a greater learning diversity in recent years, rendering the teachers more effort to deal with. Some students in junior forms are lack of self-learning habits in study. So, self-learning and peer learning can be adopted to achieve a better learning outcome.
- Under the present senior secondary education system, many students find the academic assignments demanding and they also join a lot of other learning experiences. These always lead to time clashes and caused students great pressure. So, it is suggested that a habit of self-reflection of own study plan and paces is needed to facilitate our students to overcome the study challenges.
III. Objectives for the year
- Strengthen students’ ability of self and peer learning
- Facilitate experiential learning in all subject panels
- Promote the active and effective use of BYOD
Related School Documents:
- STMC_ADC_Program Plan_ 2021
- 2024 Promotion criteria and First Term Test Result Slip(F.1-F.2)
- 2024 Promotion criteria and First Term Test Result Slip(F.3)
- 2024 Promotion criteria and First Term Test Result Slip(F.4-F.5)
- 2024 Promotion criteria and First Term Test Result Slip(F.6)
- STMC Homework Policy(F.1-F.3)
- STMC Homework Policy(F.4-F.6)
C.H. Wong (Convenor), C.C. Yu (Deputy), L.M. Wong(Deputy), N.Y. Chai (member & Secretary), W.L. Cheng, P.H. Kam, W.K. Tsang